Re: [SLE] routing between subnets
  • From: Henry Harpending <harpend@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:19:15 -0600
On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 02:18:51AM +0000, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
Quoting Henry Harpending <harpend@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Here are the results of what you suggest, from the server;

#cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

So the server is forwarding packets.

#netstat -rn
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface UG 0 0 0 eth0 U 0 0 0 wlan0 U 0 0 0 eth0 U 0 0 0 lo UG 0 0 0 wlan0
traceroute to (, 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
1 1.748 ms 1.779 ms 1.777 ms

Try the traceroute from one of the stations so that we can see what's going on
with the routing. If you could put a station on the switch and do a traceroute
on the other way, would also help.
BTW, did you remember to configure the default gateway of the PRINTERS as the
server? If not, that's your problem! Packets go from the stations to the
printers, but don't return!

I put a laptop on the network card, set it up the same as the
printer with gateway, and experience the same behavior. on wlan0, server
/ other 192.168.0. machines
\ on eth0
printer attached as

Perhaps I need to try to give the DSL router a second IP address?

Thanks, Henry

< Previous Next >