Adding SUSEs grub back to MBR
  • From: Trey Sizemore <trey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:11:50 -0400
In the process of installing Fedora Core 2 to the hard drive that
already had SUSE 9.1 installed, I chose to overwrite the MBR with the
bootloader from FC2. I would like to have grub from SUSE 'retake' the
MBR and then add an entry to boot into FC2.

How do I tell SUSE to overwrite the MBR with its own grub?

Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Trey

"Reintegration complete," ZORAC advised. "We're back in the universe
again ..." An unusually long pause followed, "... but I don't know
which part. We seem to have changed our position in space." A
spherical display in the middle of the floor illuminated to show the
starfield surrounding the ship.

"Several large, artificial constructions are approaching us," ZORAC
announced after a short pause. "The designs are not familiar, but they
are obviously the products of intelligence. Implications: we have been
intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and
transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown.
Apart from the unknowns, everything is obvious."
-- James P. Hogan, "Giants Star"

Linux linux 2.6.5-17.14-default #1 Tue May 18 14:09:50 UTC 2004 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux 9:08pm up 3:01, 2 users, load average: 0.02,
0.10, 0.12
< Previous Next >