routing between subnets
  • From: Henry Harpending <harpend@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:25:53 -0600

We recently converted our home to wireless, orphaning 2 hp-jetdirect
printers. I would like to make them accessible by wiring them to one of
our computers. Here is what I did:

Our wireless network has addresses 192.168.. with the server being I ran a cable to one printer from our server from the internet
card, assigning it the ip number and naming as
gateway. I attached the jetdirect to this card as and everything
works fine from the server. But how do I access this 10.0.. net from
another computer?

I tried telling another machine that it could reach 10.0.. via the gateway and no luck. It can ping, the card, but it can't
ping the printer. I tried adding a route to gateway to the other computer's routing table, but no go.

I have the same failure to reach whether or not IP forwarding is
turned on at the server

Grateful for any help.......
Henry Harpending

< Previous Next >