Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1 problem - can't use/find DVD
  • From: Mike Pelley <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:46:19 -0230
I've just rebooted into SuSE 9.0 (and Fedora Core 2) and both devices work. It seems like the hardware detection isn't working correctly in SuSE 9.1 . Under SuSE 9.1 I get the following assignments:

DVD-RW uses /dev/hda with /dev/dvdrom as a symlink
DVD-ROM uses /dev/sr0 with /dev/dvd as the symlink

How do I go about manually configuring SuSE 9.1 to use /dev/sr0? Something with mkdev?

Thanks,
Mike