Re: [SLE] Back order SuSE 9.1
  • From: elefino <kevinmcl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 22:36:45 -0400
On Tuesday 08 June 2004 09:58, BandiPat wrote:
> Yes, me too!
>
> Since Gordon brought it up, I too am wondering where are all the SuSE
> 9.1 orders out there. Could a SuSE lurker enlighten us as to the delay
> in getting the 9.1 packages out? I know many are waiting for it still
> and many others would like to order it.
>
> SuSE guys! Any help, info you can provide?

I'm in Ottawa, Canada, and I ordered from Camelot in Montreal, more
than a month ago. I finally got antsy and inquired. They said they
have no stock yet, and no word from their distributor when to
expect any. I told them to keep the order open, since I won't
get a better deal by importing and paying those costs.

Some have speculated that a problem (with the 9.1 build) was
being quietly fixed and the CD/DVD set to be re-released... sometime.

Obviously, many people received their boxed sets in several
countries. I wonder if it's a smooth, continuous supply, or
if it was all stock that was shipped in the first week or two
after GA release. Can anybody in US confirm that (say)
Circuit City had early stock, then stock depleted by the rush
of sales <g>, and then shelves obviously restocked?

kevin (still running 9.0)