Re: [SLE] Graphics Cards for 9.0, 9.1??
  • From: John Coldrick <jc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 16:49:20 -0400
On Tuesday 08 June 2004 16:53, Chris Freyer wrote:

> I have an nVidia TNT2 M-64. It's old, but very cheap (about $30
> delivered--check www.pricewatch.com). If I had to buy one today, it would
> be one of the lower-priced FX ($55) or Ti ($67) models. You'll have to
> download the drivers directly from nVidia, but that's a small price to pay
> for great compatibility and hardware acceleration. Check nVidia's website
> to see which cards support 3D acceleration before buying.

I'm not sure how easy it is to get the Ti's - but if you can I would
personally avoid. They're actually faster than the FX's - but they're older,
and I've had more issues on Linux with them. The FX5200 works just fine.

In my experience, anyway...

Cheers,

J.C.

--
John Coldrick www.axyzfx.com Axyz Animation
Houdini/Renderman/Discreet 425 Adelaide St W

< Previous Next >