Re: [SLE] win4lin and suse 9.1
  • From: Michael Satterwhite <michael@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:25:16 -0500

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 06:31, Matt T. wrote:

> Or, just wait another year, and wine / crossover is there, or gimp, quanta
> etc... ;-) there is not much missing anymore!

I own crossover, and it works great for standard apps, but there is a *LOT*
missing. And, yes, I've done the recent upgrade.

I can't run "Final Draft" (script writing software which I absolutely need)
under cxoffice. I haven't found any good label creation software for Linux -
nor have I found any Windows label creation packages that run under cxoffice.

I'm not expecting Final Draft to be ported to Linux anytime soon (sad, as it
*DOES* run natively on the Mac). I'd love to completely forget about Windows,
but it's not realistic, yet. Usining Win4Lin, I don't have to reboot to run
the packages I need.

< Previous Next >