RE: [SLE] SLES vs SL Pro
  • From: Greg Wallace <gregwallace@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 21:08:05 -0800
Thanks for the info. I've been using Pro for a while, but I have lately
been wondering if I should have installed SLES instead. The main reason is
some of the comments I've seen in the suse_oracle mailing list about Oracle
problems with the 9.x releases. That had me wondering whether Oracle was
getting short shrift on the Pro side and that maybe I'd have to stay at an
older version (and maybe have to switch to SLES). From what you and others
are saying, it's just a matter of early version glitches that get ironed out
over time. So maybe (as other's have advised), I just need to stay a
version behind to allow for all of these glitches to get resolved. Then I
could install the next version and immediately download and apply all of the
patches before cranking up Oracle. I don't mind being a little behind in
getting all of the new SuSE capabilities in order to get a more stable
platform, as long as I know that stable platform is not to far around the
corner.

Thanks,
Greg