Re: [SLE] GRUB fried _ MS-DOS fdisk /mbr
  • From: Stephen W <winstephen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:16:42 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks all of you...

The HD was not gone ... just the MBR

Doug, thanks for that lead....

You can be sure Win has its own way of doing it ...
took a little looking but the correct input was:

fdisk /mbr

It repaired what I used to know as C drive (that was
the dual boot source for the SuSE and the Win98 OS).
I now have RH 9 on one drive, SuSE 8.2 on one drive,
and Win98 on another (the 4th disk was an old Win HD
with old docs, etc).

Now to resurrect the GRUB on C... I will let you know
how it goes... by the way this is being written on the
old Win system... and EGAD is it slow to connect and
d/l anything... I will need to shut down and
reconfigure everything...

Thanks again people

Excuse the top posting...

I am out of here..