db4-2 and subversion mod_dav_svn
  • From: Mobeen Azhar <moby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 02:23:48 -0500
I seem to have worked myself into a pickle with subversion on SuSE 9.1
I had subversion and apache working nice and dandy on the machine with SuSE 9.0. Since I upgraded it to 9.1 and db4-2, all components of subversion work fine except the mod_dav_svn piece.

The problem stays the same whether I install using apt-get, or if I download the subversion source tar ball and compile myself.

The problem is that whenever I try to access the subversion repository via a webdav client (such as TortoiseSVN), messages show up in the apache error log to the effect that the module was compiled with db4-1 but is running with db4-2. I have verified that only db4-2 exists on the system.

Doing an ldd on mod_dav_svn.so shows that it is indeed referencing db4-1. However, I cannot find traces of db4-1 anywhere else on the system. I know the apache system is linked against db4-2. Running apu-config --libs returns:

-lgdbm -ldb-4.2 -lexpat

I have db-4.2.52-85 and db-devel-4.2.52-85 installed on the system.

I have googled and scratched my head bald over this one and cannot figure out why the apache modules for subversion always insist on using db4-1. I badly need to get subversion going for maintaining a software repository for some upcoming projects. Any help out of this conundrum would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

--
--Moby

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me. -- Pastor Martin Niemöller