Re: [SLE] lost GRUB-what I have tried
  • From: Stephen W <winstephen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 14:37:32 -0700 (PDT)

--- Vince Littler <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 June 2004 3:44 pm, Stephen W wrote:
> > The problems continue to increase in number.
> >
> > On a previous post I noted I was unable to get
> SuSE8.2
> > to partition a 160GB HD. Fiddled wth that enough
> so
> > decided to put all the old HD back it and run the
> old
> > system.
> >
> > Well, now I cannot even boot that system.
> > GRUB error!!!
> >
> > I did not make a rescue disk ... Am I up that
> > proverbial polluted tributary?
> >
> > PS. I was able to get RedHat 9 to recognize and
> > install on that 160 HD. That is how I am able to
> send
> > this... Any ideas on how to resurrect the old
> SuSE
> > system? (Which includes 2 HDs of old Win stuff,
> not
> > to mention 6 months of learning SuSE on one of the
> > drives.)
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> Stephen,
>
> What is your GRUB error? Has the SUSE hd been
> changed? If you can get to the
> GRUB menu, you might stand a chance to reboot from
> the GRUB command line.
>
> Vince

Vince and all:

Error Message:
GRUB Hard Disk Error (That is the total message)

I tried using Install CD#1 and could get nowhere. An
earlier post suggested that I:

Install
Boot Installed System (that did not work)
Reinstall GRUB (not an option I found)

=====
Stephen W
Sarasota, FL

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine ..." Proverbs