Suse 9.1 Professional to slow
  • From: Bruno Santos <bvsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:27:47 +0100
Hello all.

I've been using Suse 9.0 Professional for a while and everything run ok. about 3 days i've changed to suse 9.1 with a fresh installation, not upgrading my Suse 9.0.

Everything seems ok, except that, when compiling some program (ex: Quanta BE 3.2), it takes about 5h to complete, and my computer becames very slow. Changing from one window to another, it takes about 3min to complete, and executing another application is out of question...

KDE just stays very slow...

Using TOP and KSYSGUARD, ive been able to see why my PC becames to slow...
Ive 512MB of SDRAM. With Suse 9.0 everything was ok, but using 9.1, in about 10m, my free memory get down to 4MB free... and the SWAP ( 1GB) is never used...

Ive closed some applications (more memory consumers), but its stays the same....

Can someone explains why this is happening ????

best regards

--
Bruno Santos

--