RE: [SLE] shell question
  • From: "Damon Jebb" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:22:22 +0100
Sid,

The backslash character is the 'escape character'. An escape character
changes how the interpreter uses the following character and in this
case changes the space from being a delimiter to being a part of the two
words around it. So, you only need one space, after the backslash like
this...

cd My\ Documents

HTH

Damon