Re: [SLE] Switching to linux workstation??
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 17:05:02 -0400
I guess you missed those articles about how Linux is used to make many movies. As I recall, some of the scence in Titanic were generated with Linux. There are other movies as well, including one animated feature, that was created entirely with Linux.

Do a Google search on "Linux video editing".

Adagilson Batista Bispo da Silva wrote:
But if you intend to use some video editing software, forget Linux!
a.

James Knott escreveu:

Phil wrote:

I've set up a couple of simple linux servers but haven't switched over to using a linux workstation because I need a good sound editor (I produce news for a local radio station) and I do desktop publishing and need a suitable substitute for pagemaker.

Does anyone know of good linux page layout and sound editing software??

OpenOffice is similar to MS Office, though I don't know how well it will meet your needs. Also, there's an article in the May 2004 issue of The Linux Journal, about a Linux recording studio. That article may have something useful for you.

< Previous Next >