AGAINST PERL & PHP
  • From: Enrique Arizón <e_arizon_benito@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 17:11:45 +0200 (CEST)
I was reading the replays to "bat files on Linux" and
was worried about how many people still defend such a
old fashion piece of crap language called "Perl".

Perl suck. Perl is parasitic, Perl goes nowhere.

Yes, it was great 30 years ago when theory on
software languages was in its childhood but hey, wake
up, those days you have much better languages to do
what Perl can do and many other things Perl just
can't. I could list a few but I will just point to
Python. It's much easier, much more powerfull, much
cleaner, much more versatile, much faster, much more
productive. Cross platform (Unix, Windows, Mac, ...).

Just look how many proffesional software packages run
with Python (Mailman -www.list.org-, Plone
-www.plone.org-, PythonCad (www.pythoncad.org),
google.com -some parts of it-, Redhat Install & Config
tools, PyUnit, ...). Even big consultancies are
dropping Java and .Net in favor of Python due to its
greater productivity. Or look here
http://www.scripps.edu/~sanner/python/ or here :
http://simpy.sourceforge.net/ or just here:
http://www.python.org/workshops/1996-06/papers/d.arnold/paper.html

¡try all that stuff with parasitic-Perl if you dare!

Sincerelly I think Perl is right now one of the best
allyes of M$ against Unix and Linux in particular.
¡Drop Perl as soon as possible!

< Previous Next >