Re: [SLE] Bat files in Linux
  • From: "Jerome R. Westrick" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:10:54 +0200
On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 15:51, Steve Reynolds wrote:
> I have a few commands that I would like to run at the command prompt.
>
> In Windows I do this with a bat file that looks like the sample below. How do
> I do a similar thing with Linux?

Same Bat time, Same Bat Channel, Same Bat files....

Seriously, now...
you do thoose in a "shell". Unlike windows, there are lots of them
around. Additinally, you can program the commands in one of the many
"Interpreters" around (perl, python, ruby) come to mind.... and execute
that.

I know better than to suggest one over the other, as that is sure to
start of a long thread with a bunch of people touting thier
faveorites....

hope this helped....
At least so you can make your next question....

Jerry