blank screen, but the system is up!!
  • From: Luca Mollica <luca_mollica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:17:17 +0200
dear all,

after installation of nvidia driver for setting up 3D features of my nvidia
video card, now I have this problem: when I boot my SUSE 9.0 pro, I can
clearly see the booting log file, and everything is correct, the last line
says

user login:

and, when everything disappears for going out the text mode and the Xwindow
mode for logging users should appear .. the screen is BLANK!!!
I am sure that the system is up, anyway: I have logged in from another machine
using ssh -X, and I find the home directories and all the stuff.
Do you have any suggestion to fix this problem ??? Is it surely related to
Nvidia drivers (I have restarted the sytem twice after drivers installation
before "blank screen phase", and everything was ok, and 3D acceleration
too)??

Thanks