Re: [SLE] SuSE indoctrination too early?
  • From: Marshall Heartley <marshall.heartley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:37:40 -0400
On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 09:51, Damon Register wrote:
> Am I indoctrinating my 3 year old son too early? Now when I come
> home he says "I want SuSE Linux" so he can play music with XMMS.
> Maybe I should get more games setup too? If Gates can do it by
> "giving" all that software to schools, why can't I beat him to it
> at home?

Not in my opinion :) Heck my 9 year old step-daughter had a heated
discussion earlier this year with other students about Linux. It was a
interesting discussion to say the least!

I am still amazed on what influence others can have on the mind of a
child.

Oh and to give some clue on the main part of the formentioned
discussion, It was about what Windows and Linux, what they can/can't do.

I think that she has been hanging around be a bit too much I think.

Marshall