Re: [SLE] NVIDIA drivers for 3D function on SUSE 9.0
  • From: Michael Ferguson <michael.ferguson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:05:36 -0400
Luca Mollica wrote:
after complete set up of my SUSE 9.0 professional on my notebook, I would like to improve the graphical performance of the machine installing the 3D driver for an Nvidia video card, downloaded by Nvidia site as suggested during monitor set up. I have downloaded the script
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run

and now I am ready to install it. Did anyone try to use it? Or do you have other best drivers to suggest before I go further (e.g., provided by SUSE itself)???

The downloaded NVidia drivers work very well and I'd use them. The Suse provided driver is really just a repackage (I think) of an older version of the NVidia drier. There is a readme on their web site about how to upgrade using Suse that I would recommend reading first. Its on teh same download page as the driver.

Basically its this:
as root do:
#init 3
#./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run
#sax2 -m 0=nvidia (this command is found in the readme, I'm typing it from memory so I'd check it)

< Previous Next >