Re: [SLE] Finally got USB removable storage working with latest Mantel kernel ..
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:01:40 +1000
dreadnought wrote:
Grrrrr .. I spoke too soon. As soon as I tried to write to my USB removable
storage at /media/sda1, I got an error that it was a read-only filesystem.
Anyone know why SuSE says this? Did I use the wrong options in my fstab
entry below?

In the meantime I figured I would burn a CD-R using k3b. Can't say I was
surprised when 3 minutes went by and k3b was still "fixating" and the KDE
desktop became unresponsive. I also tried a CD-RW and the same thing
happened. I hope SuSE 9.1 results in less hassle to get basic things
working.