Re: [SLE] ID & Kill Endless Process?
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 11:13:04 -0800
On Saturday 24 April 2004 05:29, doc wrote:
> When I boot my SuSE 9 Pro notebook I get a terminal window into which I
> must type "kde" to continue.

Your instalation is hozed to begin with.
You should automatically appear at a kde login screen with
no terminal window.

(Yes, you CAN set it up to go to a terminal, but since you
are complaining about it, I have to assume that was not
your intent).

Is your system set to go to runlevel 5 by default
in /etc/inittab as shown below:
# The default runlevel is defined here
id:5:initdefault:

In other words, don't be trying to kill off processes
generating messages that you were not intended
to see. You are on the wrong track there. Your
real problem is that your initialization is messed
up.

--
John Andersen