Why not XFS or JFS? - was Re: [SLE] reiser vs. ext3
  • From: Bob Pearson <gottadoit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:21:56 -0400
On Thursday 22 April 2004 2:58 pm, Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
> Having said all that, I've been bitten a few too many times (in the 7.X
> days) by reiser bugs (mostly in combination w/ NFS) that Iv'e given up on
> reiser.
> An additional benefit of ext3 is that (if you really desire) you can mount
> them as ext2, and that it is easy to convert ext2 to ext3 .

I am running XFS and REISERFS. I have my root XFS because I read some things
about reiserfs not being too robust with bad block sparing and it scared me
enough that I changed from reiserfs, also no more files with NULs in them.
Read about some people losing entire reiser file systems on the list.

I wish I was running a JFS root just to give a virtual finger to The SCO
Group. If Darl thinks it infringes on The SCO Group then I am all for it. :)

Best Regards.
--
_/_/_/ Bob Pearson gottadoit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
_/_/_/ "Struggle, and you shall live".