Re: [SLE] Netmeeting or H.323 with NAT (SuSEfirewall2)
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:43:27 +0200
* Damon Register; <damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx> on 19 Apr, 2004 wrote:
I tried Netmeeting with SuSE 9.0 and SuSEfirewall2 and it is the
same old story: connection is made but incomming audio/video is
blocked. Is there a current solution for this problem?

Determining what ports are blocked can help ( sorry I do not use

For Gnomemeeting the following should work

For MSN messanger
For Voice communication enable UDP packets where either the source or the destination port is 6901.

For file transfers

However your best bet could be using a proxy like

ps. please drop me a private mail which works along with the necessary
setting in teh SuSEfirewall2 config file so I can update the firewall

Togan Muftuoglu |
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer | Please reply to the list; | Please don't put me in TO/CC.

Nisi defectum, haud refiecendum