Re: [SLE] Netmeeting or H.323 with NAT (SuSEfirewall2)
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:43:27 +0200
* Damon Register; <damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx> on 19 Apr, 2004 wrote:
I tried Netmeeting with SuSE 9.0 and SuSEfirewall2 and it is the
same old story: connection is made but incomming audio/video is
blocked. Is there a current solution for this problem?

Determining what ports are blocked can help ( sorry I do not use
Netmeeting)

For Gnomemeeting the following should work
FW_ALLOW_INCOMING_HIGHPORTS_TCP="1720"
FW_ALLOW_INCOMING_HIGHPORTS_UDP="5000:5003"

For MSN messanger
For Voice communication enable UDP packets where either the source or the destination port is 6901.

FW_ALLOW_INCOMING_HIGHPORTS_UDP="6901"

For file transfers
FW_ALLOW_INCOMING_HIGHPORTS_TCP="6891:6900"

However your best bet could be using a proxy like
http://www.cryogenic.net/nmproxy.html

ps. please drop me a private mail which works along with the necessary
setting in teh SuSEfirewall2 config file so I can update the firewall
guide
--

Togan Muftuoglu |
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer | Please reply to the list;

Nisi defectum, haud refiecendum