Re: [SLE] Asus A7N8X-E again
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:53:23 +0100
Donald Correll wrote:

Felix Miata wrote:

Sid Boyce wrote:

The memory is not Kingston memory, so that is a possibility. I just put
the 2600+ into an A7V333 with DDR2100 memory and it failed the same way
as on the A7N8X-E. I think I shall try to get some Kingston memory and
see if it works.

Before assuming the memory is at fault you should try raising memory
voltage. Some boards just won't work with "standard" memory voltage. For
this reason, you also may wish to consider a high quality power supply
if you are using the one that came with your case.

O'k my turn. I have two Asus A7n8x mobos wboth running M$ XP with one a dual boot Sus 9.0 Pro. The first with the AMD 2600+ was extremely memory sensitive and failed repeatedly till I upgraded the memory. The second the Linux box with the XP 3000 was equally troublesome till I bought Corsair! In my case I also had troubles with an XFX FX 5700 vid card until I downgraded it to an Asus TI4200. After I switched vids it installe fairly ho hum but later lost connectivity. I still have problems with a lost connection but that is another thread and no one has been able to give any advice.
Donald correll

Hmmmmmmmmm..... I shall try to get different memory, after that I'm going Gigabyte on the motherboard. On the ethernet side, I'm using the reversed engineered nvidia driver "forcedeth" part of kernel 2.6.x, running 2.6.6-rc1 currently and it's stable at least with a 2200+.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.

< Previous Next >