RE: [SLE] Serving Printers from SuSE?
  • From: "Catimimi" <Catimimi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 19:05:51 +0200

-----Message d'origine-----
De : dannoritzer@xxxxxx [mailto:dannoritzer@xxxxxx]
Envoye : samedi 17 avril 2004 18:00
A : listhub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [SLE] Serving Printers from SuSE?

Hi John,

I use the driver for the Canon BJC 6000. I googled a while ago for the
driver problem too. There seems to be a commercial software available
that has a dedicated driver for the i550.

I have to say, I haven't tried color printing yet. Don't have the need
at the moment and no color ink either.

Also have look at this link:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/pipermail/canon-list/2002q4/000669.html

Guenter

I use the driver for the Canon S800 with very good results with the i550 and
i965

use the filter options :

density : 2.0
cyan, magenta and yellow level : 2
printing mode : high quality
quality 600x600

Michel.

listhub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Two questions. If I do not get a good answer to the first the second is
not
> important.
>
> Are there drivers for a Conon i550 ink jet printer for SuSE? A google on
> "Cannon i550 SuSE" gave nada.
>
> Can SuSE serve a printer to Mac OS X 10.1.3 Panther on a local LAN? The
core
> of OS X system is BSD Unix but I don't know if I just believe it is BSD
and
> edit the /etc/printcap file or if I have to go through one of the old
NeXTStep