Re: [SLE] RE: Yast2 Network Services - Samba Server still not there
  • From: "David Rankin" <drankin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:09:41 -0500
Richard wrote:

> Any other ideas? I'm about to try and re-install, I'd been avoiding this
as it took a lot of effort to get my RAID array working
> properly. Oh well, it will go faster this time - I'm experience :)

(1) post your /etc/samba/smb.conf; (2) post the output of: ps ax | grep
mdb (3) SuSE splits smbd and nmbd so make sure both are running; also (4)
post the output of testparm. The /usr/share/doc/packages/samba information
is excellent. The html docs and DIAGNOSIS.TXT will help. Most likely you are
dealing with a name resolution problem.

** I know this was a top-post -- sorry, no flames......
--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
RANKIN * BERTIN, PLLC