Re: [SLE] RE: Yast2 Network Services - Samba Server still not there
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:12:33 -0400
On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 11:39, Richard Mixon (qwest) wrote:
<-snip->
> Is there something I need to do to make this configuration tab/panel appear?
>
> Thank you - Richard

Hi Richard,

I saw your post earlier and thought, to myself of course, does he have
9.0 installed, or *9.0 Pro* installed? Some networking services only
become available in the Pro version.

Alternatively, if you upgraded "only installed packages" on that
machine, could that have somehow prevented YaST from adding it's own
"Pro" version network configuration modules?

Assuming the Pro distribution is available (since it appears to be
installed on the dual PIII system,) I'd open up YaST's Install & Remove
Software, filter by Selection and manually verify what has and has not
been upgraded or installed on the problem machine.

I've been known to bypass the 'default' selections and manually install
everything when disk space isn't a problem ;-) Just a thought...

regards,

- Carl

Dover Foxcroft, Maine, USA
http://www.cehartung.com

"Jello is never very interesting until it is set and sure if itself!"

< Previous Next >