Re: [SLE] That Little Green SuSE DOT in the Tray Icon area...
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:31:51 +0200

----<text snipped>----

> Thanks for the cool tip Carlos.
> I may try to get that update after all.

In addition, don't forget the international mirrors.
http://www.suse.co.uk/uk/private/download/ftp/int_mirrors.html

I have had good luck w/ some of the west coast mirrors. YMMV.
Others have reported good results with UK mirrors.

Mmm, interesting... Ah, I forgot, there is a spanish mirror at "rediris" somewhere, but it is not listed. I have to remember to seek it out next time.

I use a similar trick to Carlos and
a kernel update which takes us 2 to 3 hours is no big deal,
when done in pieces.

Right.

However, I don't know why YOU doesn't do that automatically on its own. Previously, SuSE 8.1, if interrupted, started to download every patch, even if already downloaded and only a few were missing. SuSE 8.2 do not download again the files already downloaded - but it restarts half downloaded files. A nuisance... but why? I'm sure there must be a reason.

I do: rpm -v --checksig {name of package}.rpm
to verify that I got it all.

Ah, but I think YOU does it for me, there should be no need to bother - because after I download it in full (by pieces) I pass the files over to YOU.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson