Re: [SLE] Re: SuSE obfuscation of known issues
  • From: Bob Pearson <gottadoit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 16:42:58 -0400
On Friday 09 April 2004 4:17 pm, Richard Bos wrote:
> You can't say that they are not listening ;)

Actually, it is very difficult to tell if they are listening or to what they
are listening. I agree with Phil. BSD does this much better.

One of the things I admired about the old Sun in the old SunOS days was they
published bugs lists.

You leave feedback at SuSE and you don't even know if the person reviewing the
feedback understands it because feedback is in one direction.

Companies such as SuSE don't have a good reason to provide intensive end-user
support for free. It would still be nice if we could track our feedback and
see if a concern has been classified unrepeatable, not going to be fixed or
scheduled for 9.X.

This is probably more information than SuSE or Novell or any company can
afford to share but in a perfect world, it would sure be nice. Unfortunately,
this is not a perfect world.

Best Regards.
--
_/_/_/ Bob Pearson gottadoit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
_/_/_/ "You're crazy. All of you. It comes from living at the