RE: [SLE] release X.org X11R6.7.0
  • From: Vince Negri <vnegri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 11:14:18 +0100
More generally, as I understand it Mandrake, Gentoo, Debian
(and thus almost certainly all debian-based distros like Lindows)
have all abandoned XFree86 (and are thus X.org bound) Not sure
about Red Hat, but I would hardly be surprised if they also go
to X.org. So the long-term health of XFree86 is in question
unless they can come up with a new technology that offers a compelling
reason for vendors to use XFree instead of X.org.

Stopping there because I'm getting OT....