Re: [SLE] What I like about Microsoft
  • From: Lists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 19:51:47 -0400
On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 15:16, Rich3800@xxxxxxx wrote:
> What I like about Microsoft is that Microsoft is only a tempory
> phenomenon, a business aberration, a bump-in-the-road. In a few
> years, people will think back and laugh and say "Microsoft? What was
> Microsoft?" people will be hard-pressed to even remember what
> Microsoft was and meant.

While I can appreciate the sentiment, and suspect you were speaking
somewhat tongue in cheek, I don't see MS going away anytime soon.
However, I do see them losing their dominant status. Those of us who've
been around for awhile remember when IBM ruled the roost as firmly as MS
has for the past few years. MS will survive, but I truly believe that
we're seeing the beginning of the end of their reign.