Sending email via SMTP that is not current dial-up ISP
  • From: Glenn <glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 03 Apr 2004 08:54:05 -0800
I've installed SuSE 8.2 on my laptop and would like to be able to send
email via my hometown ISP's SMTP server.I've got an AT&T dialup which
I'll be using as my ISP when travelling.

This always worked for me before when using a Microsoft OS and Outlook.

Currently when I dial into AT&T, there is no problems getting messages
from my hometown providers POP server, but if I try to send, nothing
happens until I get the message "Error while performing operation: Could
not connect to mail.kpunet.net (port 25):Connection timed out."

I'm using Ximian 1.2 and kppp as the dialup application.

I've tried a variety of SMTP login configurations, (POP before SMTP,
Login and Plain) with no sucess.

Any suggestions??

Thanks.

< Previous Next >