Re: [SLE] Re: OOo Pdf Creator
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 14:57:32 +0200 (CEST)

The Thursday 2004-04-01 at 16:45 -0500, BandiPat wrote:

> Then it sounds as if you are a perfect candidate for Scribus!

Huh?

> Make
> yourself a template or use one someone else has contributed. Set & use
> styles to suit yourself and then all you have to do is drop the text on
> the page!

Paragraph styles? Create a TOC or an Index of Appearances automatically
from the text content? Have a document style covering everything needed to
create a readily formated report? That's not what a page layout program
does. The few times I used one I had first to create my text with
something, then drop it on the page layout program.

> And envelopes! Oh boy, I like Scribus for that!

That is something I'll try, yes. Envelopes are usually a pain, cups insist
on turning them around 90 degrees and are impossible to print. I have to
tell programs to use A4 size with a huge bottom margin (like 12 cm).

But that is a problem with CUPS, I think.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >