Re: [SLE] OO Installation Error
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 18:21:15 +0200
On Thursday 01 April 2004 18.10, C Hamel wrote:
> On Thursday 01 April 2004 00:23, Jim Westbrook wrote:
> > Were you by any chance su'd from your usual login? If so, connection
> > :0.0 is already in use. The only thing I've found to work is to run
> > "xhost +" prior to calling su.
> >
> > JimW
>
> <SNIP>
> I did finally get it installed... but I find it curious that their
> installation instructions have to be so heavily edited where SuSE is
> concerned.

"heavily"? They forgot to mention how to get past X authentication. That is
one item (which I don't fits anyone's definition of 'heavily') and it is
exactly the same in any linux distribution except the ones that turn off
authentication.

BTW, another option besides 'sux' is to run "kdesu setup -net"

< Previous Next >