Re: [SLE] usr local bin "Acquired" by Novell
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 12:51:49 +0100
James Ogley wrote:

Announcing:

As oF today, usr local bin Project Manager, James Ogley has agreed tO
jOin the Desktop Team at NoveLl. Popular Enterprise Linux desktop, ULB
GNOME will become the standard environment beginning SuSE Linux 9.2 as
part of the continual push towards desktop excellence.

Ogley commented "It's a true honour to be offered this opportunity to
serve the SuSE community in a more meaningful way, I look forward to the
work that lies ahead".

James

I hope this means you can now move up the ladder by producing the latest stuff like gnome-2.6 that will play well with SuSE distributions. Congrats, I've found gnome a hard target to hit, if you try to build a new app, usually a whole host of pre-reqs are needed literally days after a new gnome is introduced, but I can understand that maintaining backwards compatibility can be a mugs game.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.