k3b only burns first few MB of data to CDs on a Pioneer 8x8 DVD-CDDD-RW
  • From: JW <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 01:52:32 -0600
Hello,

I just installed a Pioner 8x8|3x3|24x24 CD/DVD combo burner (PIONEER DVD-RW
DVR-107D) and can't get k3b to burn or copy music or data CDs.

1. I have setup ide-scsi emulation
2. I can read CDs and play Audio CDs just fine
3. I do have rw permissions as a user
4. I have also tried as root, same results
5. I have used both the k3b that came with 9.0 (well, with the first 9.0 KDE
update applied) and also I just downloaded the latest packman src.rpm and
tried it (still with KDEe 4.1.x here)
and last but not least, I have made a whole lot of coasters.

What always happens is the first 5, 10 20 MBs of data are written to the CD,
then it stops with an error such as:

Input/Output error: no necessarily serious
cdrecord returned an unknown error
(code 254)

I have run k3b setup also, that did not improve or change the situation.

There are a few similar reports with people saying they fixed the problem but
upgradeing, but alsa, that did not help me.

Any ideas what the real problem is, and how to fix it?

Thanks.

JW

< Previous Next >