Re: [SLE] SuSE Mailibg-list stripping off MIME boundary of first part
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 00:56:46 +0200 (CEST)

The Wednesday 2004-03-31 at 21:38 +0200, Anders Johansson wrote:

> On Wednesday 31 March 2004 20.41, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > they are just trying to cope
> > with the malware that was making to the list and got broadcasted.
>
> and the difference between now and before is...?

Before, not all attachements were removed - for example, in the security
list, none: and the viruses got broadcast. Now, emails are scanned
for viruses and removed. This solution has been implemented for all lists the
same, as far as I know.

> Before, the attachments were stripped and the harmless but annoying text was
> sent on. Now the attachments are stripped and the harmless but annoying text
> is sent through together with a few extra bytes informing people that yes,
> this is (or was) indeed a virus. Yippee yay-o kay-yay

Beacause this list has had the policy of removing attaches, but not every
suse list had. Now, they simply have implemented the same new scanner for
all suse lists - and I think that happens before it gets to the list
server itself.

It was quite "interesting" to see virus mails been sent by the list server
to the security list - complete, with the load intact.

Also, on this list, I have received ezmlm responses asking if I wanted to
unsusbscribe - for example - together with a virus atachement. That was
certainly not nice to receive from a company like suse...

This solution is new, so people noticing problems should report them to
the list-owner, IMO.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson