Re: [SLE] Second SuSE HDD No Access
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:59:53 -0500

There are 2 setups that use more than one hard drive, the
master/slave system, and the system that Compaq uses--I
don't remember its name, but it depends on which plug you
use, IIRC, like in floppies. They gave me a Compaq at work,
a couple of years ago, and I was never able to hook up 2
hard drives and a CD rom to this miserable piece of crap.
One hd, one cd, or 2 hd's, but not both. I wanted to put Linux on
the second hd, but of course, IT was not helpful in this regard.
I hope your machine is not a Compaq, or if you haven't had it
very long, exchange it for something else.

Good luck! --doug