Re: [SLE] Fw: Corel's new WordPerfect 8 for Linux !
  • From: David Herman <mesamoo115@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:14:27 -0800

On Thursday 18 March 2004 12:16 pm, Trey Gruel wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Sjoerd Hiemstra wrote:
> > It seems that some people just cannot forget WordPerfect, so I
> > forward this message found on the WP9 for Linux newsgroup.
>
> even tho i haven't used it in ages (compatability probs and i almost
> never use word processors in general), i'm still a fan of
> wordperfect.. if it would work on newer versions of linux, i would
> probably look for a copy.

wp 8 starts up fine on my SuSE9.0 but I really haven't tried much more
than that. I did get a crash when I was testing it prior to this reply,
but that could have been a fluke.

The Corel program I really miss since upgrading beyond SuSE 8.1 is Corel
Photopaint. My wife and daughter were quite fond of it. After
installing SuSE9.0 I loaded it up using the same instructions I
followed w/ SuSE 8.1 but Photopaint never gets past initializing
(corel's version of) wine.

Any ideas from someone who got it working would be appreciated

- --
dh
Don't shop at ZipZoomFly.com!