Re: [SLE] sorry, wrong header
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 04:02:15 +0100 (CET)

The Monday 2004-03-15 at 22:09 -0000, Dylan wrote:

> > So... there is no need to pay per email sent, as some advocate. The
> > means are there: just identify the spammers, and put them in jail.
>
> I'm sorry, you are wrong. Spammers can use open relays, introduce
> backdoor trojans into insecure systems, use false signup info, make up
> invalid from addresses, ... need I go on?

I know that very well. But there is at least one or two headers that are
true, the one where the email spam enters "the internet"; usually, that is
the destination isp server header.

Reading from top to bottom, we find the last added headers; first my own
Linux server headers, then my provider's, and then one by me provider that
says where it got that email from. So far, those headers are true.

Below... depends, but at some point start the faked headers by the spammer
program or whatever. It may be using some other server he broke into, like
a some clueless business with an unsecured wifi.

If the ISPs want to find them (the spammers), they can. They just have to
invest money and effort, and coordinate ISPs.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >