Re: [SLE] How to boot to ugly DOS-like screen instead of pretty log-on screen
  • From: Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:45:27 +0100
* Peter N. Spotts <pspotts@xxxxxxxxxxxx> (Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 07:33:45AM -0500)
> On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 06:39:15 -0500
> Damon Register <damon_register@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Are you saying that even though
> > you were at run level 3, you were still getting a graphical logon
> > screen?
>
> I wasn't getting the graphical logon screen on boot-up, but I was going
> directly into Fluxbox. In the past, I'd have to type my user name and
> password at a system prompt, and then type startx, to begin the X
> session. And when I exited Fluxbox, I would get the graphical logon
> screen, not a system prompt. All this while in runlevel 3.

In other words, you had (somehow) managed to start fluxbox as the lasts tep
of your bootlevel 3 init path.

Either fluxbox comes iwth it's own config/installer that sticks an
S99fluxbox into /etc/rc3.d (or similar) or you manually maanged to do so.

Currently listening to: ptree021112 106 Gravity Eyelids

Gerhard, (faliquid@xxxxxxxxx) == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
__O What show of the soul are we gonna get from you
=`\<, It could be deliverance, or hisory under these skies so blue,