Re: [SLE] What's going one here: SCO's Suit: A Match Made in Redmond?
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:30:48 -0500

On Thursday 11 March 2004 11:25 pm, Art Fore wrote:

> There are 5 lawsuits going on, SCO-IBM, SCO-Novell(who owns SuSE),
> SCO-Autozone, SCO-Daimler-CDDhrysler, Redhat-SCO, all related to Unix
> and Linux. Now Microsoft is in the picture because the supposedly
> recommend Baystar ito invest $50 million in SCO for them to finance all
> the law suits. www.groklaw.net has summaries of everything and all of
> the court documents plus anything else associated with the case that is
> public.
>
> Art

Is this anything to do with SCO owning UnixWare, and thereby owning the Bell
Labs Unix name? I've lost track of all that over the years. I assume SCO is
claiming someone 'stole' something from them, or is violating one of their
trademarks, copyrights, pattens, etc. Everytime I try to get to a
description of the actual charges, I find myself reading about details that
don't interest me.

STH

< Previous Next >