Re: [SLE] What's going one here: SCO's Suit: A Match Made in Redmond?
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:03:42 -0500
***********************some stuff cut**********************>>
>>I /was/ kind of hoping for the 'executive summery'.  I guess I'll try to
look

************some more stuff cut*************

>There are 5 lawsuits going on, SCO-IBM, SCO-Novell(who owns SuSE),
>SCO-Autozone, SCO-Daimler-CDDhrysler, Redhat-SCO, all related to Unix
>and Linux. Now Microsoft is in the picture because the supposedly
>recommend Baystar ito invest $50 million in SCO for them to finance all
>the law suits. <http://www.groklaw.net/>www.groklaw.net has summaries of
everything and all of
>the court documents plus anything else associated with the case that is
>public.
>
>Art

I went to the Groklaw site. I didn't follow all the links. I don't want
to become a lawyer. Please somebody, summerize this whole business, as the
fellow above suggests. (Yes, I know that Sun and MS would like to put Linux
out of business. Details please.)

--doug

< Previous Next >