Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NVIDIA once again
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 22:16:12 +0000
In a previous message, Matthew Johnson <stargoat@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 12:34, John Pettigrew wrote:
> > In a previous message, Matthew Johnson <stargoat@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Did you install the SuSE 8.1 rpm's?
> >
> > Nope - I'm running 8.2 and the instructions are to use the nvidia
> > installer not the RPMs.
>
> Good, thought you said you accidently followed the 8.1 instructions.

No - that was someone else's suggestion :-)

> Take it was working fine and dandy before?

Nope - I've had problem with the nvidia driver before and I've been using the
nv driver. However, previously, I've been able to reach a desktop with nvidia
(albeit only at 1280x1024, which was why I've been using nv - I'd rather have
my 1600x1200 desktop without 3D!).

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games