Re: Re: Re: NVIDIA once again
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 09:57:55 +0000
In a previous message, Matthew Johnson <stargoat@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> By the way you mentioned switch2nvidia was that just it? or did you mean
> switch2nvidia_glx?

The former - what's the difference between these commands?

> Also 3Ddiag is worth running, it checks to make sure everything is set right
> with libraries etc.

Haven't got that far - need to get past the driver crashing the box first!

> How is this going anyway John?

Not really had a chance to play further - as I said, the fact that each
attempt takes the box down, requiring a reset and fsck means that it eats 25
minutes or so for each time I try it.

What it looks like to me is that that, for some reason, the driver is building
something that's broken, because it invariably crashes my box when I try to
use the nvidia driver (whether that's running sax2 [crashes as soon as it
tries to bring up the gui] or issuing 'switch2nvidia' and 'init 5').

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Fun : Strategy : Price