Re: [SLE] NVIDIA once again
  • From: nick murphy <nickmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 23:09:09 +0000
Matthew Johnson wrote:

On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 12:33, Carlos E. R. wrote:

The 2004-03-06 at 14:08 -0000, John Pettigrew wrote:

However, the nvidia installer fails when compiling the driver, complaining
that nvidia.o can't be found and that this is probably because my kernel
sources don't match the kernel.

Did you remember to run "make cloneconfig dep" on the kernel sources?
Specially, after a YOU kernel update with reboot.

Don't need to reboot in my experience. Doing make cloneconfig dep in the
kernel source directory should be sufficient.

Ctrl-Alt-F1, log in as root and type init 3. Take it you have not had
the nvidia module running before? If so, check with lsmod, if one is
running (I doubt it) remove with modprobe -r. Then go ahead again with
the install...Is it via nvidia-installer --update. nvidia-installer -A
gives a lot of different options that you can use.

Matt

Make sure you delete the old kernel sources from /usr/src/linux/ as they are still present following the kernal update. Once I did this the kernel module compiled.

Nick

< Previous Next >