Re: [SLE] apt: unsigned/unknown signature packages
  • From: Richard Bos <radoeka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 23:11:29 +0100
Op dinsdag 2 maart 2004 22:42, schreef Guillermo Ballester Valor:
> Hello,
>
> I'm afraid it is not because of unsigned packages. I think it may be
> apt-get. have you updated apt-get today?. I begun to have the same problems
> in other packages since then. As a test, I updated manually (using plain
> rpm commands) some of the packages apt said were unsigned/unknown and no
> problems at all.
>
> So, any apt guru telling us what's the matter (Richard Boss?)
>
> Guillermo

It's caused by a plugin script that checks the rpm integrity. Indeed
introduced with the latest apt rpm update. But man apt tells you:

--no-checksig
Do not check the integrity of the packages to be
installed. It can be used if the integrity check
fails for 1 or more packages, but the packages have
been obtained from a save origin. Configuration
item: RPM::GPG-Check.

The Configuration item RPM::GPG-Check can be set to false in the file
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/gpg-checker.conf (make true -> false) if you don't want to
check the rpm integrity.

The plugin scripts are located at:
/usr/lib/apt/scripts/

Hope this helps.