Re: [SLE] PCMCIA eth problems - SOLVED
  • From: Stefano <stefano.ceci@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:09:32 +0100
Alle 02:46, mercoledì 25 febbraio 2004, Chip Cooper ha scritto:
> >Thanks for the reply and info--although I have no idea how to write a
> >script. I will give it a try when i get my laptop back. Am I correct in
> >that the problem was because Suse, during boot, starting network first
> >and then starting hotplug/pcmcia after network had been loaded?

Chip,
to write a script, simply watch another file in /etc/init.d/ and copy the 1st
line header, then "enter" and add your lines.
Example:
#! /bin/sh
your line 1 here
your line 2 here
and so on...

Save.
Yes, the problem is all inside SuSE distro! I've used Debian, and all was
correctly configured. SuSE doesn't start pcmcia - network and hotplug in
correct order.
Stefano

< Previous Next >