Re: [SLE] PCMCIA eth problems - SOLVED
  • From: Chip Cooper <ccooper3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:46:50 -0500
Stefano wrote:

Alle 21:50, domenica 22 febbraio 2004, hai scritto:

Stefano,

I would be interested to know what you did to get your pcmcia working. I
was having the same problems--my pcmcia card was recognized and running,
but no internet or dhcp. I felt it had to do with the network starting
before hotplug. Seems you are on to something.

Simply made a script with this 3 commands:
modprobe 8139too
ifconfig eth0 up
dhcpcd.

I've then put that file in /etc/init.d/ directory, opened the YaST runlevel editor and selected level 5 for my script.
That's all
Stefano

Thanks for the reply and info--although I have no idea how to write a
script. I will give it a try when i get my laptop back. Am I correct in
that the problem was because Suse, during boot, starting network first
and then starting hotplug/pcmcia after network had been loaded?

Chip