Re: [SLE] Re: Card Readers
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:35:00 -0500
On Sunday 22 February 2004 08:22 pm, C Hamel wrote:
> On Sunday 22 February 2004 19:04, jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > *** Reply to message from William Lugg <wlugg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on
> > Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:33:56 -0700***

> > easiest way is to have a card in the drive when you plug it in...
> > other than that it's mount and umount, BUT, you will not be able to
> > mount the reader if/when it is cardless, there is nothing to
> > mount...
>
> I really need to jump in, here & find out...
> How do you get the card reader to umount? Mine always reports itself
> as busy. That goes for smbfs shares or whatever else I mount. Only
> one thing works: shutdown, remove the card reader, reboot.
>
> ...CH
==========

CH,

Sounds like you haven't been away from Windows very long, new to
Linux? ;o)

A few ways to accomplish this, the shell/konsole, right click on the
icon, choose unmount. If you get a busy message on the device, then
open a shell, type: lsof /dev/sdxx (your device ID)

That will tell you what process is tying up the device and at that
point, just type: kill <pid number>
Then you should be able to easily unmount the device! Reboots are for
wimps & windows users, make the break, step out of line! ;o)

Lee
--
--- KMail v1.6 --- SuSE Linux Pro v9.0 ---
Registered Linux User #225206